APPOINTMENTS, ATTENDANCE & APPRECIATION
Making Your Appointment
- We offer a telephone or online booking service for appointments. Some treatments are not bookable online as we need to carry out a pre-booking consultation.
- All online bookings require a booking fee, and these may vary between treatments. Booking fees are non-refundable and in the event of cancellation or non-attendance they will be forfeited. If more than 24 hours’ notice is provided then the booking fee is transferrable to a new booking.
- We recommend making appointments in advance to ensure your required times and dates.
- We require all clients to complete a digital consultation form and if you are a new client this will be forwarded via email at the point of booking. These are kept in accordance with GDPR regulations.
- Please ensure you follow your therapist’s aftercare advice. If you need a reminder here’s our aftercare guide.
- Existing clients should ensure that they update us on any changes to their personal details and health status.
- Mobile Phones – For the comfort and relaxation of all clients, we would ask that mobile phones and other devices be switched to silent.
- If you have not completed your consultation form prior to attendance, please arrive 10 minutes early to complete so that your appointment time is not shortened.
- Valuables should not be brought to the salon. Gorgeous Nail & Beauty Emporium and all team members will not be held liable for any loss of valuables, phones, devices or other items.
- Advertised prices may be subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right to remove treatments and packages from our treatment menu without notice.
- Parking is free in all local side roads. Please DO NOT park on the forecourt. The spaces are allocated to residents. During evening and Saturday appointments please allow extra time to park as it can be more challenging to locate a spot at these times. Remember, there is a free public car park at the top of Denton Road just a minute’s walk from the salon.
Health Conditions & Pregnancy
- Allergies/Skin Conditions & Patch Testing. Patch tests are required for all eye treatments for new clients and for existing clients that have not attended for over 12 months. If you have serious health or allergy conditions that could contra-indicate you from treatments, please notify us at the point of booking to ensure that we are aware before you arrive so that we can work with you accordingly.
- Medicated Health Conditions may prevent you from have certain treatments. If you have any medically supervised or medicated condition please inform us at the point of booking.
- Pregnancy – If you are pregnant, we are unable to perform any treatments on you that would require a patch test. The wax brand we use, Lycon, allows us to provide waxing services throughout your pregnancy. However, for some clients, bikini area waxing may be less comfortable, and we will need to work in alternative positions for yours and the baby’s comfort.
- If breastfeeding, some treatments may be restricted. Please advise us at the point of booking.
Lateness, Cancellation & Non-Attendance
- Please consider our other clients and arrive on time. We allow a short period of time for lateness dependent on treatment type, however if we would not have available time to complete your treatment before our next client then you can continue with a shortened treatment, if possible, but you will still be charged for the original treatment or you can reschedule and a late fee will be applied.
- If you need to cancel, please call the salon on 01322 528882 or email email@example.com and give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. Cancellations at less than 24 hours’ notice will incur a 50% fee.
- If you do not arrive for your appointment and provide no notice then a 100% Non-Attendance Fee will be applied to your account.
- Occasionally we may need to cancel or reschedule your appointment due to circumstances beyond our control. We reserve the right to transfer your appointment to a different team member and in the unlikely event that this is not possible, we may need to cancel your booking.
We love providing you with a great service and hearing about how much you loved a treatment when you come back in for your next one. We always follow up our appointments with an email to make sure you are happy with your service and giving you the opportunity to review your treatment. We truly appreciate your reviews and if you haven’t reviewed us on Google or Facebook please do. It helps spread the Gorgeous love and brings a smile to your therapist’s face to get positive comments.
We always aim high in what we do, and we hope that you have enjoyed and appreciated your treatment. If, however, you have any reason to feel less than satisfied, please get in touch by calling the salon or emailing us within 24 hours of your appointment and we will discuss the matter.
CHILD & YOUNG PERSON POLICY
Treatments for Young Persons
We offer natural nail treatments and some beauty services to under 18’s but require parental consent and attendance.
Please note that we do not offer nail extension services to under 16’s as this can be harmful to their immature nail structure.
All services carried out on young persons will involve a consultation with a parent or legal guardian (not a big sister) prior to booking.
Babies & Children
When it’s just you having a treatment please remember that although we all love our kids, we would ask that you respect our salon environment and not bring your little ones with you to your appointment. There are a few reasons for this…
- All our clients are entitled to relax and for many mums (and dads) they have planned for their little lovelies to be cared for to escape for some peace and “me” time.
- We have a lot of chemicals, vapours and sharp implements in the salon which could cause harm to them.
- We are not insured to have them in treatment areas when you may not be able to attend to them.
- We do not have DBS police clearance to supervise them.
- Most of all, we want you to enjoy your treatment and get some relaxation too!