When you choose to invest in your skin there are a lot of things to consider and if you’re not a skin specialist it can all seem to be ever-changing and confusing. Don’t forget, skincare isn’t just for the ladies and we offer a full facial service for the gentlemen too (a clean shave is required prior is all).
There are a multitude of facial treatments and you need to work out what your objective is. There are 3 main reasons that people have facials:
- Just wanting a relax and a pamper occasionally
- Managing or reducing a particular area of concern such as dull, or tired skin, acne, scarring, pigmentation or open pores.
- Anti-ageing. For many women and men in today’s world the visible signs of ageing are of concern. The world of anti-ageing products is vast and not always easy to navigate so professional advice on the best treatments and products is often the best way to proceed.
If you’re still not sure, then let us know and we can discuss your questions and requirements. Sometimes, you may be wanting a facial for a combination of problems, or there’s another reason. Professional therapists can cater for all requirements with a friendly consultation and bespoke treatment plans.
Looking after your skin requires an investment; however, the support and advice by professional therapists can often save you money in the long-term so that you aren’t buying inappropriate products.
We can provide courses of treatments that offer increased value and we also have tailor-made Skincare Solution Packages with treatments and products all rolled into one price. We can offer Wrinkle Reduction or Toning Programmes specifically tailored to your skin using different techniques, products and equipment.
Types of Product Based Facial
Prescriptive Facial – this is an entry level facial and works with your skin type, i.e. oily, dry, sensitive. It is a relaxing facial and includes a cleanse, gentle exfoliation, tone, mask, massage, serums & moisturisers. Great for regular treatments and to work with how your skin is on a daily basis. Our prescriptive facials include Hydrating, Remedy (Sensitive), Nourishing and Active Pureness.
Great for Rejuvenating, Protecting, Calming, Nourishing, Oil & Sebum Control, Smoothing, Relaxation, Supporting Skin Barrier
Anti-Ageing Facial – these treatments use advanced products that are aimed to work at a deeper level in the skin. They work to plump, firm and tighten skin to reduce the visible signs of ageing. With professionally advised home-care products the effects may be accumulative and they can extend your line free or reduced years. Our Anti-Ageing facials include Sublime Double Peel, Sublime Active Lift and Sublime Deluxe Lift.
Aesthetic/Advanced Facial/Body Treatments – For some clients an advanced level facial or body treatment may be chosen to work on different issues and we offer two systems. Great for Rejuvenation, Brightening, Plumping, Collagen Production, Anti-Ageing, Wrinkle Reduction, Illumination, Glow, Smoothing, Supporting the Skin Barrier.
Crystal Clear Microdermabrasion which works on pigmentation, scarring, open pores and signs of ageing using microfine crystals on the face or areas of concern on the body. The crystals are delivered by a high-powered machine and removed via a vacuum method that runs at the same time. There is a minor down-time of 24-72 hours post-treatment and you will have reddening of the skin for a short period of time with a requirement for mineral only make up and UV protection for 72 hours. This treatment is highly effective for anti-ageing, pigmentation and scarring and, if working on specific areas of concern, weekly treatments are recommended initially.
Great for Rejuvenation, Anti-Ageing, Pigmentation, Scarring, Brightening, Reducing Pore Size, Collagen Production, Wrinkle Reduction, Glow, Smoothing
Icon Ultralift is an electrical machine working with faradic and galvanic currents. Known as the Non-Surgical Face Lift Icon will lift and firm all skin types. During the treatment you will experience a similar feeling to a TENS or Slendertone machine, but gentler for the face while the currents firm and tone the facial muscles to provide a visible lift to the face and neck areas. Icon Ultralift also allows us to carry out No Needle Mesotherapy as it pushes product deep in the skin structure thus enhancing any product benefits. To get the best benefit from this treatment we would always recommend a course of weekly treatments initially to re-educate your facial muscles followed by maintenance treatments on a monthly basis. Icon is like a gym workout for your facial muscles, and just like
Great for Rejuvenation, Anti-Ageing, Reducing Pore Size, Toning, Firming, Wrinkle Reduction
What to expect
- If this is your first visit or your first facial with us, you will be required to complete client record and consultation cards so please arrive on time to do this.
- We need you to notify us of any allergies or medications you are currently taking.
- Many of our facials include a massage of the neck & shoulders, arms and hands and feet. These are not compulsory and if you don’t want to have one or more of these elements just let us know and we can adapt to your requirements.
- We would recommend comfortable clothing for your bottom half as you will be on our bed for about 45 mins to 1hr 15 depending on your choice of treatments. We won’t be offended if you want to be just in your briefs under the covers. The more comfortable you are the more beneficial your treatment will be.
- We will leave you in the treatment room to prepare for your facial and return in a few minutes.
- We always knock to check you’re ready. You will need to undress down to the waist, a strapless bra can be worn if you wish.
- We will provide you with covers and blankets and in the cold weather and even have the bed heated for you. You won’t be undressed in front of your Therapist.
- We recommend you relax and close your eyes and although talking is not forbidden, we would recommend you take the opportunity to refrain from chatting all the way through as it detracts from your treatment. Of course, should something become uncomfortable you should let us know immediately.
- Your therapist will let you know what is about to happen as you go through the treatment, as we appreciate having your eyes closed and not knowing can lead you to feel a little vulnerable.
- At the end of the treatment we will leave you to reawaken whilst we get you a glass of water. If you have any questions,please ask and should you wish to benefit from home-care your therapist will be able to advise on the most appropriate products for your requirements.
- We’ll then leave you to redress and see you in Reception. We always allow a little extra time at the end of our treatments so you don’t have to feel rushed to leave the room.
Things to Remember
- You will need to have your eyes closed so if you usually wear contact lenses, please wear glasses for your facial.
- We advise arriving with make-up free skin, if possible, as we will need to remove your facial make-up and if it’s heavy make-up this will eat into your treatment time.
- If you have a cold sore, contagious skin problem or a cold/flu then please reschedule.
- If you are using retinol-based products, please abstain for a couple of days before and after your facial. This is important if you are having any type of deep exfoliation treatment such as our Sublime Double Peel, Deluxe Lift or Crystal Clear Microdermabrasion.
- Wearing make-up straight after your facial won’t allow your skin to deal with the benefits of the facial. If you’ve had a deep exfoliation, we would recommend that you wear only mineral make-up for 48-72 hours after your facial.
- Do tell us if you have a skin condition even if mild. For example, cystic acne, as if you are medicated with Roaccutane we will not be able to work with you until you are clear of the medication for a set period of time.
- Don’t think you need to come every week for a facial. For most clients facial treatments 4 weekly is perfect. Some treatments are recommended with shorter gaps, but we will advise if this is necessary and weekly treatments are only advised when we are targeting intensely with a treatment like Crystal Clear Microdermabrasion.
- No sunbeds or sunbathing before or after a facial and no spray tans and waxing after facial treatment. After some facials this can put you at greater risk of UV damage. Avoid the gym, heavy exercise, steam and sauna for 24 hours.
- Do tell us if you think you could be pregnant as some facials (along with some other treatments) are not advised during pregnancy. Even if you aren’t telling anyone before your 12 weeks, please just say “I could be pregnant”. We won’t tell a soul and “could be” is enough for us not to perform the treatment.